I Think My Mask of Sanity is About to Slip....

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The good and the bad


I went to Chili's for the first time today and it was great. I just never went there before because they hired my college roommate once in 1994. He was a great guy and loved to drink beers..I just questioned their hiring practices because he was always drunk. Blackberry brandy is also good. The Andy Milonakis show was good for the first two shows, but this past show bit. I was told my last story about the clown was good, but it seemed like I was above everyone else and was prententious. This was a fair evaluation, but I was trying to convey the feeling that me and my friend were the underdogs and won out even though we were shunned by the establishment. I guess I have to work on that. The Phils won today in the twelfth inning, which was a good way to end before the all star break. I had a book in high school I used to write poetry in and am going to look for it so I can post some of my work from it. It may have sucked, but I feel it shows the angst almost all teens felt. Things like 'Death is a friend, because death is a whole lot easier than life.' To add to the list of things that are cool: Having seen The Monkees in concert more than any other live act. Yuengling makes a beer called Lord Chesterfield Ale. It is the worst beer I ever had. I mean I hated it and still finished it. I have this kind of superstition that I will always finish my drink no matter what. I finished it alright, but one was enough. I then moved on to the aforementioned Blackberry brandy. Listening to Doo Wop is also cool. I think Doo Wop is the quintessential music to listen to down the shore, late at night, having a Miller High Life...falling asleep to the sound of the ocean or passing out.....Today the thoughts were a bit random, so you have Leroux Blackberry Brandy to thank for that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter