I Think My Mask of Sanity is About to Slip....

Monday, July 18, 2005

The drink I won't drink..


Now if you know me, I really won't turn down many drinks. If there was a Kamikaze in front of me now I would drink it, but I can't say I would choose this drink and here is the story behind it.
The wonderful summer of 1993. I was just coming into my own in the drinking world. Heading into college in the fall, this summer was like my spring training. It was a house party in Juniata where beers were the drink of choice for most of the night and I had my fill. In the back of my mind was that 9am banquet I had to receive a scholarship from the Polish Benefical Association. It must have been way back in my mind when we decided to make pitchers of kamikaze(in Japanses it means 'divine wind') and play drinking games. How it started..I'm not sure. How it ended I remember like it was yesterday. There were four of us left. Dana had went back to her house ( three houses away) at maybe midnight and I said I would be home real soon. I am pretty sure we ended up just daring each other to do the crazier thing. I have a problem taking things too far sometimes. This may or may not have been one of those times. I decided it was a good idea to offer room service to the next door neighbor. With only a towel around my arm. At around 3 am. The old lady didn't answer her door, but Dana was able to catch me in action at the door. What a proud moment that must have been for her. Wow...My boyfriend of 4 months is such a nice guy offering kamikazes and beer to my neighboor he doesn't even know at 3 in the morning. Well that's not exactly how it went, but it's how I like to remember it. I made a vow to try and not curse on my blog and if I told the ending how it really happened..there would only be a few non curse words. I did get to the banquet and I did smell like booze.
Most drinkers have a few no-no drinks that they overdid at one time or another. To this day everytime I drink lemonade it makes me think of my night with the kamikazes....and my trusty room service towel. So I try to refrain from lemonade also. Offer your comments..what is your no no drink??

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Hmmm...i stay away from Vodka w/ Orange Juice (a screwdriver, right?) and any kind of red drink. Don't ask me why...but they just don't work for me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter