I Think My Mask of Sanity is About to Slip....

Monday, May 29, 2006

Whatever....


So I went to the Phillies games tonight and these are some interesting facts from it:
The Phillies are 1-0 when we attend and...
* Jon Lieber pitches 2 or less innings
* My ticket-mate and father-in-law eats 6 hots dogs
* My Father-in-law passes audible gas in the seats
* Ryan Franklin comes in the game in the 9th to close out the game
* When the Phillies two digit score adds up to the total sum of the opposition (11-2...1+1=2)
* sit in section 235 row 1 seats 13 and 14 ( we are usually in 233)
* both starting pitchers come out of the game due to injury
* when I wear my Poland soccer jersey and a Polish pitcher (Gary Majewski) gives up a homer to Ryan Howard
* We drink 8 Miller High Lifes in an hour in the parking lot before the game
* make a grundle and taint reference about the heat (eg.'I think my grundle is getting soggy')
* a Phillies usher sings God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch..she may be the Phils answer to Kate Smith
* I eat a Salami/Bologna/Cheese sandwich on 12 grain Freihoffer's bread with Sweet Hot mustard on one side and mayonnaise on the other and 2 dollops of Currant jelly
* we see a trash fire in the parking lot from the lacrosse championships
* two ex-Phillies with the first name Marlon get in the game for the opposition (Byrd and Anderson)
* liquors stores are closed
* there are 33,680 other people at the game
* Mike Lieberthal pinch hits in the second inning

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a lot that has to hapenn for them to win every game...good stuff though...lol

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 'Grundle' and 'Taint' are 2 of the Mariners' upcoming prospects. (Anyone is better than Sexson nowadays.)

(They stopped singing during the 7th-inning stretch. Now they just say "Goodnight, thanks for coming. Drive home safely.")

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger GM-Carson said...

I have a Phils blog I think you'd enjoy at http://pabaseball.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter