I Think My Mask of Sanity is About to Slip....

Monday, August 22, 2005

Charlie Brown


Now for a bit of imagery folks. Remember that Peanuts cartoon where Lucy pulls away the football that Charlie Brown is trying to kick..over and over. Well we as Phillies fans are Charlie Brown. The Phillies themselves are Lucy. We continue to get drawn into the Phillies web, only to have the ball pulled away from us in August or September. Doesn't Charlie eventually get to kick the ball (and the Phillies make the playoffs) ? I do not think this is asking too much. Small victories people. Now I don't just want to make it. Why not us? Why not now? This road trip will either sink us or keep us in the hunt.

On the quotable front...
~'Thick chicken scares me.'
~'Should I put the coffee in the refrigerator, or just on the desk?'
~'Want a beer?.....How 'bout some Ether?'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter