I Think My Mask of Sanity is About to Slip....

Thursday, August 25, 2005

I don't want to be THAT guy..

Alright now we all now a THAT guy. The dad, uncle, family friend who looks like a horse's ass at all family functions. You know what I mean... The pants that are catholic school blue polyester. Just a smidge too short and way too tight. The short sleeve button up shirt that cannot have the top button done. The fat, short, tie that is striped red and and navy blue. To top off the ensemble, the old scuffed loafers that have set foot on the ground in 5 different decades. So what precipitated this? I have a bunch of weddings/christenings to attend in the near future where a nice new suit would be appropriate. Now I have a very nice suit, but only one... So I was worried about seeing all these pictures of these events 20 years down the line and realizing that I was wearing the same suit in each one, even though it is not a THAT guy suit.

In other news..if you live anywhere near Ambler, go to the Shanachie Pub. The website is shanachiepub.com. I went there for lunch today and it was awesome. Great food, great decor, and very clean. Granted I like Irish fare...and drink...but this is a very nice place. Live Irish music all weekend also. The Shanachie Pub is indeed a slice of Ireland in Ambler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Free Web Counter